OneCard brand represents modern and simple U.S banking solution. OneCard, along with Blastpay was presented in FinovateSpring 2015 Conference, one of the biggest technology & banking events in the United States.
The initial task was to design OneCard identity and create a simple website respresenting its offer. However long-term relationship resulted in creation of flyers, banners, web design, UI/UX design, card visuals and other work products necessary for OneCard to come into life.
To create OneCard identity, I chose shades of blues and greens suitable for a banking niche.
Dark blue represents knowledge, power, integrity, and seriousness while aqua green is associated with emotional healing and protection. Green symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Dark green is also commonly associated with money /source/.
I presented a few creative solutions for the visual design of the card. The client chose the first version (visible below) for the card.
OneCard website is consistent with a simple and modern feel of the brand. The landing page is limited to sign-up features and presentation of the product. Other sub-pages are accessible from the footer. They are kept mostly in gray colors to sustain a more corporate, clean and distraction-free look. It also intends to create more balance between a more colorful home page and the rest of the website.
In this project, I was in charge of a redesign of a simple online banking platform for OneCard. At first the goal was to only redesign it visually, however when analysing the application I suggested also a few more UX changes.
- I examined the interface for visual and usability issues.
- I created a document with a content inventory, including of all the present and future features.
- The issues were discussed within the team and I applied changes in our documentation.
- After finalizing the document, I created a detailed mockup of first few screens, however due to a very short deadline I had to create the visuas on the spot.
- All visual design was created in Adobe Illustrator CS6.
- At the end of the project, I forwarded all assets along with detailed design guidelines to the developers.
- I created a user-friendly environment by avoiding technical language, using clear naming and removing unnecessary elements from the page.
- Re-organised and limited the information presented to the user at once.
- Moved the most important features to the home screen.
- Reduced the number of clicks for the user from start to the goal.
- Added features that might come in handy (for instance, saving transactions as pdf).
Karolina was instrumental in helping us design a few award winning fintech applications. As a result of her deep understanding of our products and design, our products have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, American Banker and Forbes. Karolina has moved on to do great things and we hope to have her back on our team in the very near future.
What other clients said about me... ?